India have been promoting the vegan way of life for the last 1,000 years and whilst it’s not widespread across the UK, it’s certainly featuring more and more in our diets.
There are so many different reasons for choosing to go vegan, some of the main include:
- Love of animals
- Health benefits
- Environmental Impact
Now here at Thali, these seem like pretty powerful motives for voting vegan, but we know one of the tricky parts can be eating out. Whilst you might be able to buy tasty, fresh ingredients to cook in your own home, restaurant menus can often be limited and bland, leaving you feeling despondent.
Do not fear though – whether you’re committed to the vegan way of life, or you’re testing it out for ‘Veganuary’, here at Thali we’ve got you covered.
We’re committed to creating the very best vegan cooking and this month we’ve added a NEW vegan dish to our menu.
Let me give you the lowdown on our ‘Vegan Variety’:
- Pea Kachoris with Pickled Onions – garden peas spiced with cinnamon, black pepper and ginger, wrapped in atta pastry.
- Aloo Bondas – spiced mashed potato balls in chickpea batter.
- NEW Baingan Paturi – baked aubergine, wrapped in a banana leaf, served with Keralan samba, crunchy salad and tomato & tamarind chutney.
- Pumpkin and Coconut Olan – sweet roasted pumpkin in a coconut, black-eyed bean and curry leaf sauce.
- Masala Fried Potatoes – fried spiced potatoes coated in chickpea batter, served with tomato and tamarind chutney.
- Chocolate and Coconut tort– super rich, delicious chocolate and coconut tort, adorned with coconut shavings.
For us, veganism should never mean a compromise on taste; instead it’s an opportunity to discover a whole new world of ingredients and flavours.
To celebrate ‘Veganuary’ at our newest branch, Thali Oxford, we’re giving away 5 of our new Baingan Paturi dishes for FREE! All you need to do is email email@example.com with the code word ‘Veganuary’. The first five people to email will receive a Baingan Paturi free of charge, when purchasing another main off the menu. If we reply to your email saying you’re in the first five, simply show the email at the beginning of the meal to claim your free dish! Offer available Sunday – Thursday throughout January.
How’s that for ‘Veganuary’?
19 January 2018